The Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) Headquarters and CNIC’s Regional Inspector General (IG) Offices each serve as an independent and objective advisor to their respective Commander.
To inspect, investigate, or inquire into matters of importance to the Department of the Navy with respect to fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, and command operations within CNIC. To provide support and guidance to enable management to evaluate the economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of the administration, operation, and function of the command.
To be viewed as "The Conscience of the Commander", making a difference, adding value at all levels through proactive assistance, advice, and advocacy.
Our Guiding Principle
In order to support each Commander in maintaining the highest level of integrity and public confidence, we will:
- Provide candid, objective and uninhibited analysis and advice.
- Emphasize integrity, ethics and discipline.
- Promote efficiency, effectiveness and readiness.
- Conduct our activities with the highest standards of ethical leadership and professionalism.
- Advocate for quality of life for Sailors, Marines, their families and DON civilian employees.
- Exercise fairness, impartiality and timeliness in accomplishing our mission.
View a list of CNIC HQ and Region IG offices at the link below: