Navy Region Southwest Environmental Protection Compliance
Environmental / Natural Resources
Our mission is to provide environmental subject matter expertise to ensure that local, state, and Federal environmental requirements are adhered to in a manner consistent to the Navy’s mission of national defense. We are and committed to assist operating forces in conducting training in a manner compatible with the environment. National defense and environmental protection are not mutually exclusive goals. Part of our mission is to prevent pollution, protect the environment and protect natural, historical and cultural resources.
CNRSW Environmental Policy
We are dedicated to providing the highest level of mission support and quality of life services for all operating forces and ashore support activities in the Region. Our goal is to actively promote mission readiness.
Throughout the span of our activities, we consider environmental stewardship an integral part of productivity and providing quality services. In recognition of this responsibility to our sailors, customers, civilian personnel, neighbors, and others, we commit to:
· Being an environmentally responsible neighbor where we operate to ensure public health and safety and protection of the environment;
· Preserve significant aspects of the natural and cultural environment;
· Use sustainable resources to modernize facilities and the shore-side infrastructure;
· Conserve natural resources by reducing, reusing, and recycling materials; and purchase products made from recycled materials;
· Develop and improve operations and technologies that minimize waste; prevent air and water pollution; minimize health and safety risks; and dispose of waste safely and responsibly;
· Ensure the responsible use of energy and water, including conservation and improved efficiency;
· Share appropriate pollution prevention technologies, knowledge and methods;
· Participate in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding in our communities;
· Adhere with applicable environmental federal, state, and local regulations, and Department of Defense, and Navy policies; and
· Ensure this policy is communicated to all military and civilian personnel, and contractors to encourage continual improvement within the Region.
|We are located in building 3, 2nd floor, on the Naval Air Station North Island|
Our office hours are from 0700-1630 Monday through Friday.
|Our mailing address is:|
Naval Air station North Island bldg. 3 Naval Base Coronado Box. 357088
San Diego, CA, 92135-7088
|Installation Environmental Program Director||619-545-3429|
|Environmental Assistant / General Information||619-545-4944|
|Hazardous Waste / Water Quality Program||619-545-0374|
|Air Quality Program||619-545-0377|
|SCI Environmental Compliance||619-524-9022|
|Environmental Duty Officer||619-954-4331|
|Water Front Environmental Coordinator||619-556-6232|