Housing & Lodging
Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP)
- CNIC's Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP) is designed to educate our folks in PPV housing about changing from a culture of energy consumption to a culture of energy conservation. In line with the Navy goal to conserve energy and to comply with OSD policy:
- -- RECP transfers responsibility for utility consumption to residents of Public Private Venture (PPV) housing
- -- Rewards and incentivizes conservation
- -- Pilot program on Hawaii for 2011/2012 -- expands to other PPV locations in 2013
- -- The pilot achieved a 9% reduction in consumption and reduced electricity costs by ~ $1.3M over 12 months
- -- Savings are reinvested into the PPV project to keep the housing and neighborhoods in good condition
- -- Navy leadership is out in front to promote program
- Have questions about RECAP? Click on this link to view the Commander, Navy Installations Command's RECAP Program.
Need to find a home off or on base at Naval Air Station Kingsville?
Need to find a room for an evening or extended stay?