Welcome to Naval Base Ventura County
Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) is a premier naval installation composed of three operating facilities - Point Mugu, Port Hueneme and San Nicolas Island. Strategically located in a non-encroached coastal area of Southern California, NBVC is a key element in the DoD infrastructure because of its superior geographical location.
NBVC supports approximately 80 tenant commands with a base population of more than 19,000 personnel. Tenant commands encompass an extremely diverse set of specialties that support both Fleet and Fighter, including three warfare centers: Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division and Naval Facilities Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center. NBVC is also home to deployable units, including the Pacific Seabees and the West Coast E-2C Hawkeyes.
FOR MORE LOCAL INFORMATION / NEWS:
- CLICK HERE to read The Lighthouse, the official newspaper of Naval Base Ventura County
- Join us on Facebook! Get the latest updates.
- Follow us on Twitter. News right on your mobile device!
- COMMANDING OFFICER'S SUGGESTION BOX. As the commanding officer of NBVC, I am always interested in hearing ideas about how we can improve. If you have questions or comments about the services we provide. I want to hear them. The CO's Suggestion Box allows everyone to give feedback and allows the command an opportunity to hear everyone's voice and to take action where it is needed.
- Click here to view previous Questions & Answers
- If your concern involves an emergency or safety-related issue, please call the Public Works trouble desk at (805) 989-8888.
- This site is not intended for reporting emergencies. Please dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Click here to read the 2014 NBVC Drinking Water - Consumer Confidence Report
- Click here to read the San Miguel Island Explosive Safety Risk Assessment (PDF, 6.78MG)