Public Works: (360) 257-3348
Environmental Affairs: (360) 257-1009
Skookum Contract Services Trouble Desk: (360) 257-3358
Transportation: (360) 257-3133
Work Control: (360) 257-1076
Self Help Customer Service: (360) 257-8962
Recycling: (360) 257-6962
Public Works is responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance and repair of all roads, grounds, utilities and facilities on the air station as well as management of environmental programs.
PWD executes its mission through four main divisions:
Facilities Management (work control),
Facilities Engineering and Acquisition (formerly known as Resident Officer in Charge of Construction)
Production (maintenance, utilities, Self-Help, other public works functions) a
Environmental Programs Management
The PWD team administers construction contracts, as well as the North Sound Base Operating Support Contract (BOSC) and the contract for Grounds Maintenance and Janitorial Services, providing a liaison between station customers and the contractors who perform the work.
Public Works Department provides:
- Planning and Space Management for Facilities
- Transportation Services
- Architectural and Engineering Services
- Environmental Programs Management
- Energy Conservation Programs
- Weight Handling Equipment Program
- Maintenance via the BOSC
- Grounds Maintenance and Janitorial Services via New Leaf, Inc.
- Utilities Services
- Solid waste disposal and recycling services
- Self-Help Program
Skookum Contract Services, the Base Operating Support Contractor, provides:
- Emergency/Service Work Reception Desk
- Maintenance, Repair, and Alteration of Facilities and Infrastructure
- Maintenance Structures, Paved Areas and Pest Control
- Utilities Systems Operation and Maintenance
- Transportation Operations and Maintenance
- Storage and Warehousing
- Supply Operations
- Operation and Maintenance of Air Start Systems
- Environmental Services
- Refuse and Recycling Collection Services
- Weight Handling Equipment (Cranes) Support and Services
Self-Help is located in building 2761. They provide lumber, paint and other materials and tools needed to renovate or rehab workspaces or otherwise enhance facilities to make a customer’s job more comfortable and efficient.
If a command has a do-it-yourself project in mind, but lacks the expertise to design it, or qualified personnel to execute it, Self-Help can provide assistance. Personnel can check out hand and power tools. They also provide supervised use of the wood shop in building 2761.