We are dedicated to providing the highest level of mission support and quality of life services for all operating forces and ashore support activities at NAS Fallon. Our goal is to actively promote mission readiness.
Throughout the span of our activities, we consider environmental stewardship an integral part of productivity and providing quality services. In recognition of this responsibility to our sailors, customers, civilian personnel, neighbors, and others, we commit to:
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbor where we operate to ensure public health and safety and protection of the environment;
- Preserve significant aspects of the natural and cultural environment;
- Use sustainable resources to modernize facilities and the shore-side infrastructure;
- Conserve natural resources by reducing, reusing, and recycling materials, and purchase products made from recycled materials;
- Develop and improve operations and technologies that minimize waste, prevent air and water pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly;
- Ensure the responsible use of energy and water, including conservation and improved efficiency;
- Share appropriate pollution prevention technologies, knowledge and methods;
- Participate in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding in our communities;
- Adhere with applicable environmental federal, state and local regulations, and Department of Defense and Navy Policies, and
- Ensure this policy is communicated to all military and civilian personnel and contractors to encourage continual improvement within the region.