The purpose of Fire Prevention is to ensure that covered installations are in accordance with provisions of the fire code. Some examples of the code include:
- Ensure that personnel can quickly exit in the case of an emergency.
- Ensure that fire exits are properly indicated.
- Ensure the location of fire alarms and fire extinguishers are easily accessible.
- Ensure that volatile materials are appropriately stored.
- Inspect installations for compliance.
- Ensure that a high level of training and awareness programs are in place.
The mission of Fire Prevention is to maintain optimal active fire protection and passive fire protection measures, with the aim of preservation.
Our organization organization appropriately qualified personnel and the resources allocated to them, provides the capability to carry out responsibilities.
Inspections are governed by U.S. Code, Department of Defense regulations, Navy instructions and regulations, and facility specific procedures.
Inspectors are responsible to both the installation which they support, and also to the region.