The Antiterrorism Program provides capabilities to meet the desired level of support , to prevent terrorism utilizing various strategies, throughout the region. A result of conducting Antiterrorism strategies is to ensure that our forces and facilities operate in a secure environment.
Through multiple strategies such as vulnerability assessments, standardized plans and policies, random measures, exercises, and education the overall mission of Antiterrorism is to create an environment that protects our personnel and facilities against terrorist acts, while still providing an environment to accomplish Navy mission essential tasks.
The capability to support our mission includes:
- A well trained and equipped Naval Security Force (NSF), Auxiliary Security Force (ASF), and Antiterrorism Officers (ATO)
- Implementation of Department of Defense and Department of the Navy requirements
- Direct support of security activities and intelligence operations
- Surveillance detection teams
- Suspicious incident reporting
- Progressive levels of Antiterrorism training
- Vulnerability assessment
- Antiterrorism exercise support